cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOCIAL SHARING

Re: My photos aren't loading.

Hello @EdM711. There was a recent update with Facebook where you will no longer be allowed to customize the image for posts made with Social Posts that contain a link. I'm sorry that your image did not post to Facebook but I'm glad to hear that the workaround with using the Short URL worked for you. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Social Share - NOT a new idea

Our Facebook page has almost 1000 "likes."  This is an important piece of our outreach.  It is NOT helpful that our posts now will not display our graphic - instead, there is simply a link box below our text that says web-extract.constantcontact.com    Having an attractive graphic displayed is an important means to get people's attention. 

We do not think it's part of our mission to promote Constant Contact.  We DO think that the service we pay for from Constant Contact should perform as expected.  This problem has been going on for months - first with the inability to select the desired graphic for display, and now no graphic at all displays, no matter which we select.  I don't understand why it is taking months to get this fixed.  PLEASE get this corrected, and let us know when that has been done!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Face book Pictures - When will this be fixed

Hello,

Things just got worse with the Constant Contact pictures not posting at all on Facebook.  See below what is posting and I have attached a screen print. What is happening now?   How do we fix this. This is a very busy time of year?   2017-12-05 (1).png

Thank you
Terri  

Re: Social Share - NOT a new idea

Hello @TomS801. Thanks for coming into the Community. I'm so sorry that your post is not displaying correctly on Facebook. This is something that our developers are avidly working on and are working towards a resolution by the end of the year. I am going to submit a case over to that team and they will notify the contact email on your account with any updates. 

In the meantime, you are able to post manually through Facebook so your followers can see your posts. You can use the Short URL for your campaign and then attach an image to the post.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Re: Face book Pictures - When will this be fixed

Hello @TerriB74080. Thank you for coming into the Community and including a screenshot of your post! I certainly understand how important it is for your posts to be displaying properly on Facebook, especially during this busy time of year. This is something that our developers are currently looking into and are working towards a resolution. In the meantime, you are still able to create a manual post on Facebook using the Short URL for your campaign. 

Caitlin M.

Frequent Visitor

We've been having this problem since last week. Ugh. And right in the middle of prime giving season. I hope the development team figures this out before the end of the year.

Hi @JackieL3

I apologize for any inconvenience this experience has caused! This is something our developers are continuing to look. Because of this I have placed a case over to that team so they can reach out to the contact email on your account with any updates. At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this will be changed. In fact, I would also suggest to manually post your email campaign using its Short URL until then.

Frankie P.

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Re: SOCIAL SHARING

I love Constant Contact but the way social shares now look on Facebook is HORRID.  No pic, just a link showing it is as a forward from CC.  It looks totally unprofessional and posting directly is not a feasible option!  I am on the road a lot and being able to schedule social shares guarantees that I can keep my ads running even when I am not in the office.

Is this going to be fixed or do I have to look to another program?  After paying for great graphics, to have them unusable is just not acceptable.

Sandi

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hello @SandiB02,

Thank you for reaching out about this. We do have an update from Facebook stating that this was resolved on 12/8/17, however they have made a few changes to their posting system when they fixed this. The new minimum size for an image must be at least 200x200 pixels. If the image you're using is larger than that, please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com, providing the name of the image, the name of the campaign this occurred on, and reference this post so that we can research this further for you. 

Amber_L

There was actually a warning posted on Constant Contact for about 6  months regarding this very issue.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!