cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOCIAL SHARING

Re: My photos aren't loading.

Hello @EdM711. There was a recent update with Facebook where you will no longer be allowed to customize the image for posts made with Social Posts that contain a link. I'm sorry that your image did not post to Facebook but I'm glad to hear that the workaround with using the Short URL worked for you. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Help

Good morning, 

I am a long time user of Constant Contact. I seem to have developed a problem with the platform.

I sent out an email this morning and the email posted like this... on all platforms. 

constant contact error.JPG

When you click on the link this is the link that comes up ... 

http://web-extract.constantcontact.com/v1/social_annotation?permalink_uri=2AGs3ze&image_url=https%3A...

It's a dead link. 

Please help. 

Thanks, 

Cindy

CTCT Employee

Re: Help

Hi @CindyC06731,

We're very sorry your Social Share posts didn't display properly. Some of our customers have been experiencing a system issue with posts shared specifically to Facebook and our programmers are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. (I have added your account to be notified as soon as it is.)

In the meantime, you can manually post your email campaign to Facebook using the Permanent Email URL. Click Campaigns, then Status, then Sent. Find the email campaign you want to share, click the link icon next to the email's name and copy it:

2017-11-30_13-55-28.png

Now you can create your own post on Facebook using that URL as the link to your email campaign. 

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

NO Image sharing to FACEBOOK

NO picture when using socialshare for email campaign to Facebook How can I fix this it looks like absolutely Horrible.    

CTCT Employee

Re: NO Image sharing to FACEBOOK

Hello @the_white_crow,

Thank you for contacting us on the Community! 

I apologize that Facebook has recently changed the way that photos post through Social Posts. Facebook will no longer allow you to customize the image for posts made with Social Posts that contain a link, here is an article on the recent change. 

You can do a manual post by posting the short URL link directly into the status of your Facebook page and selecting the photos you would like off of your computer. I have attached a screenshot showing how to retrieve the short URL form Constant Contact.  To retrieve the short URL click on the title of the campaign you wish to share and then click on the more actions tab. 

Share URL.PNG

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with!

Thank you,

Mariah_P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Social Share - NOT a new idea

Our Facebook page has almost 1000 "likes."  This is an important piece of our outreach.  It is NOT helpful that our posts now will not display our graphic - instead, there is simply a link box below our text that says web-extract.constantcontact.com    Having an attractive graphic displayed is an important means to get people's attention. 

We do not think it's part of our mission to promote Constant Contact.  We DO think that the service we pay for from Constant Contact should perform as expected.  This problem has been going on for months - first with the inability to select the desired graphic for display, and now no graphic at all displays, no matter which we select.  I don't understand why it is taking months to get this fixed.  PLEASE get this corrected, and let us know when that has been done!

Re: Social Share - NOT a new idea

Hello @TomS801. Thanks for coming into the Community. I'm so sorry that your post is not displaying correctly on Facebook. This is something that our developers are avidly working on and are working towards a resolution by the end of the year. I am going to submit a case over to that team and they will notify the contact email on your account with any updates. 

In the meantime, you are able to post manually through Facebook so your followers can see your posts. You can use the Short URL for your campaign and then attach an image to the post.

Caitlin M.

We've been having this problem since last week. Ugh. And right in the middle of prime giving season. I hope the development team figures this out before the end of the year.

Hi @JackieL3

I apologize for any inconvenience this experience has caused! This is something our developers are continuing to look. Because of this I have placed a case over to that team so they can reach out to the contact email on your account with any updates. At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this will be changed. In fact, I would also suggest to manually post your email campaign using its Short URL until then.

Frankie P.

Re: Face book Pictures - When will this be fixed

Hello,

Things just got worse with the Constant Contact pictures not posting at all on Facebook.  See below what is posting and I have attached a screen print. What is happening now?   How do we fix this. This is a very busy time of year?   2017-12-05 (1).png

Thank you
Terri