cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SafeUnsubscribe disabled in Outlook

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

SafeUnsubscribe disabled in Outlook

I send about 4,000 emails every week, using custom HTML content. CC automatically adds a footer with SafeUnsubscribe and other links. These links always work when Gmail receives one of my emails. But when I open one in Outlook, all the links in the footer become inactive. They are visible, but nothing happens when I click on them. If I take that same non-working copy and click "open in a browser," the footer links work fine. What is wrong with the communication between Constant Contact and Outlook? I've been to "chat" and was sent to their second-level support team. They have no idea.

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: SafeUnsubscribe disabled in Outlook

Hi @TimothyR4

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I hope you are having a really great weekend.

I'm terribly sorry you are encountering an issue with the links in the footer of your custom code email. I can see our next level support team is still working on the issue and have requested some additional information. Can you test send one of our regular templates outside the custom code editor and see if you are experiencing the issue there? At this time, they are working to pinpoint the problem. In the meantime, if you have anything else you need, feel free to reach out.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Adrienne,
I can send a test using one of your templates. Where should I send it?
Tim

CTCT Employee

@TimothyR4

Thank you for your reply! You can send the test to yourself and see if the links are working properly in a regular template. That will help us to know if you are experiencing the issue in only custom code emails or if it's all templates in your account. Thank you!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.