cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Template Usage Bugs - Not All Content Copies

Highlighted
Valued Developer

Saved Template Usage Bugs - Not All Content Copies

My organization sends a ton of email campaigns. A minimum of three per day. Copying previous emails doesn't work well for us - finding the correct email to copy is all but impossible (since there's no search feature) and we have thousands of previously sent emails in our account.

Saving emails as Templates for daily use is valuable, but there's a bug that causes only some of the information to be copied when you use a Template. 

To be clear, I'm referring to using the "Saved Templates" tab when creating a new Email Campaign (you can only create templates from campaigns in v2 of the web software - the feature apparently hasn't made it to v3 yet).

Screenshot_1.png

So when you select a Saved Template, it copies most of the email content from the campaign that the template was created from. But the From address and the Reply address do not copy from the original campaign. For some reason these instead default to the Account Owner's email address. I have no idea what's behind that logic.

Screenshot_2.png

Additionally, the Forward Email Link and Subscription Link footer options do not copy from the original campaign. These always default to checked. 

Screenshot_3.png

Any chance we could get these bugs squashed? Also, what's the status of adding the ability to create templates from v3 emails? 

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Saved Template Usage Bugs - Not All Content Copies

Hello @askrenes,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Based on the information that you have provided I have discovered that the templates are operating as they were designed. We value your feedback about including the header and footer information when using a saved template, this will be submitted to the appropriate department. In addition you are correct in assuming that the Third Generation Editor has not been outfitted to accommodate saving templates. However, you are welcome to request a custom designed template for this editor version if you would like to have this as an option. All custom design requests can be submitted at http://constantcontact.com/services

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!