cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling recurring emails

Is there any way to schedule an email to be sent out at a certain interval?  For example: Email1 needs to go out to List 1 every week.
Email2 needs to go to List 2 every 2 weeks.
And Email3 goes to List 3 on a monthly basis.
Will I be able to automate this?

I don't think there is a way, but it might be worth asking.

Might I suggest an added box when you schedule an email to go out on a certain date to repeat the schedule at certain intervals?  I stole Google Calender's repeat box to illustrate what I mean with the attached image.

12 REPLIES 12
Honored Contributor

The first problem I see with this is that it will continue to send the same email over and over. Some folks on the list may be new but it will end up repeating the same message over and over. Won't that cause folks to remove themselves from you list? The example you take from Google is intended for an event not sending email. Think about it. If I send you the same thing over and over won't you get worn out from it?

Solution Provider

Re: Scheduling recurring emails

While that may be a problem for some, I too would like to have this feature as it would be very useful for me.  I provide managed network services to my clients, and I need to send the same exact message to my subscriber each month, reminding them that their PCs should be left on, and that they will be rebooted in the evening, so as you can see in my case that it is useful.  I know this thread is old, but hopefully this functionality will be considered some day.

Visitor

I, too, would like the ability to schedule recurring emails. For instance, I have a school that wants to send a weekly email to parents to remind them to check their school e-folder. The email is the same every week, but has a link to the efolder and serves as an announcement ("your efolder is ready") and provides a link. So, if this capability doesn't exist, please add it. And if it does, please let me know! Thanks!

Hi-

Thanks for your feedback on this. Currently there is not a way to schedule the same email to go out more than once but in your case I think making a copy will be a good workaround. You can create the email that has the link, make a copy and re-place the link each week. If you were sending the same link each week, you could make a copy and re-schedule it. You can do this several months at a time if you wanted.

One suggestion, I would change or update the subject line of each email (maybe to contain a date) so that the emails do not look like they are exactly the same and end up in your contacts junk folders!

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Visitor

Yep, that's what I've been doing. Thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome! Thanks for sharing your ideas as well!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Participant

I had a similar question, however making a copy is not a simple solution for me :frown:  

Our business creates a store flyer each week for each of our 15 stores, this weekly store flyer is then loaded to our company website and replaces last weeks PDF at that point.  Ideally an email would go out every Thursday to anyone who wishes to receive the "alert" that their store's flyer is available.... however this requires me to make a copy of all 15 emails every week :frown:

Dustin

CTCT Employee

Hi Dustin. When the store flyers for each location are updated on your website, is the filename the same? In other words, is the flier's web address www(dot)yoursite(dot)com/locationflier(dot)pdf, or is it www(dot)yoursite(dot)com/locationflier-july19(dot)pdf,?

If you name the files using a convention, then you should be able to use custom fields in the contacts and a URL with a variable so that you only need to make one email.

For example, if you had three stores in Danvers, Salem and Peabody. First, you would name the three flier files:

www(dot)yoursite(dot)com/danversflier(dot)pdf
www(dot)yoursite(dot)com/salemflier(dot)pdf
www(dot)yoursite(dot)com/peabodyflier(dot)pdf

Next, you would update your contacts so that one of the custom fields is the city for the store they're interested in.

Finally, you would create a link in the email using the custom text.

www(dot)yoursite(dot)com/$Subscriber(dot)CustomText1$flier(dot)pdf

Then, you would only need to copy one email each week to send out to everyone, and everyone would get the link to the proper flier.

Jeff Gilson
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

Wow... I read through your response once and think I have the general idea of what you are saying... but I might need to read through it a few times to fully grasp it... but the idea of sending out one email with customized links sounds interesting... albeit perhaps above my pay grade :frown:  We'll see.

On a side note, the flyers are always named the same thing, therefore bit.ly links always lead to the same spot on the server, etc, etc.... 

Dustin