cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen jumps to top when pasting, or changing font color/size

Occasional Contributor

Screen jumps to top when pasting, or changing font color/size

Hello,

I'm working on a rather long email that requires a lot of copying and pasting from another document. Every time I paste something into a text box, or change a font color and size, my screen jumps to the top of my email which is extremely inconvenient. This just suddenly started happening the other day only on this specific email and I don't know what triggered it. I tried copying the email to "start over" but it still happens.

Does anyone know why this is happening because it's making a long process take even longer. It's like every time I try to edit something I'll lose my place and then have to search for it only for this to keep happening over and over again.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Contributor

Re: Screen jumps to top when pasting, or changing font color/size

UPDATE: I started over with a brand new template, completely from scratch, but now it's doing it on this new email.

Re: Screen jumps to top when pasting, or changing font color/size

Hello @TCmarketing. I'm sorry that you are seeing your screen shift when you are working on your email. I see that you were able to chat with our Support team shortly after posting but I wanted to reply here in case another customer had a similar issue.

It looks like you were able to work in your email by using a private window in your browser. I wanted to also mention that we sometimes see that when text is copied and pasted in from an outside source, this can cause issues when working on the email. We suggest first putting this text into a text editor to remove problematic formatting before bringing it into your email. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.