cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security issue

Re: r20.rs6.net taking a longtime respond

Hello, 

We have same problem in our company. I prepared an newsletter for large group of auditons.

I sent a test e-mail but all links blocked by UBlock Origin. This is an chrome extension. Your solution is to disable extension but it's not acceptable. I can to it easily but what if our customer want to be safe and do not trust that link and do not disable extension ?

CC must be find urgent solution for this issue Screenshot_1.jpg

Hi @YavuzU 

Thank you for sharing these details here in the Community. I apologize at this time we do not have a workaround for this. However we are aware of this extension blocking our links. We have also tracked this information in your account as we are continuing to troubleshoot this experience.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

@Frankie_P wrote:

We have also seen users use the View As Webpage version, as the web-page version will have the correct link.

No, that is correct ONLY after the user has navigated to the webpage which won't work if that webpage uses the r20.rs6.net domain. It also won't work in plain-text unless the "view as webpage" link is inserted as a visible URL - not everyone supports HTML emails. The only way to guarantee 100% of every recipient can read your message is to include a plain-text portion with visible URLs (links you can actually see the web address of where they go).
Highlighted

Hi @R.R7 

This is great feedback to help us understand exactly what you are trying to do. I apologize the View As Webpage version is not available in plain text emails.  In the meantime we have submitted this as a feature request in your account to the appropriate teams.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi there, I tried reporting this in chat but got disconnected as I left for a meeting.

We sent out an email with a ticket link and several clients from several different ISPs reported not being able to connect to the site. When sending the original link (not rs6.net) it worked perfectly.

The error message they received is as follows:

This site can’t be reached

r20.rs6.net’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Can you please look into this and tell me if this is going to keep happening or if there are any known solutions? We want to be able to sell via email. Thank you.

Tags (3)

Hi @MarquisWines 

We're so sorry to hear this is happening with your contacts! After further troubleshooting our upper level of support was able to confirm this is usually caused by some security programs. What security program are these contacts using? Are they reading your emails on a home or work network? Because of this we suggest having these contacts whitelist Constant Contact URLs in their security software.

Frankie.P

Occasional Participant

Thank you for your reply. I have confirmed that one client has strict firewalls and security apps running, although the second client mentioned he also tried on his mobile device which has no software so we are no closer to a solution here. Is it possible that this server is being blocked upstream?

Tags (2)
Occasional Contributor

We literally have hundreds of contacts that are being affected by this. It's unacceptable. After months of trying to get help from CC on this nothing has been resolved. Essentially our emails to our followers have been rendered ineffective by the r20.rs problem where the links do not work. 

Tags (2)

Hi @KimberlyP8 

We see you have previously worked with our upper level of support on this. You mentioned to this team this experience appears to be an isolated incident involving only a few email recipients. In fact, the link was resolved for the contact you did further troubleshooting on. If you are however still having this experience we would like to collect a few more details and continue looking into this for you. For instance are your contacts seeing any errors? If so what errors? Does this happen on a home or company network? What security programs are the contacts using? Having of these details allows us to make sure we don’t repeat the same troubleshooting steps as last time.

Frankie.P

Hi @MarquisWines 

Thank you for giving us this update! Whitelisting Constant Contact tends to be the solution needed for clients with strict firewalls and security apps. As for your other client, if it’s on a mobile device it could be a network issues causing the link to be blocked by mobile data.

Frankie.P