cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Security issue

Occasional Contributor

Security issue

Received this from a reader: Dangerous Website Blocked You attempted to access: http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001jpsYcmt7xaSTlOk7H2KKaDiBU4HGxFAd-PFkfjN91MF_PdtYI9fyZhTylUak_3iPV_uHH... There was of course more, a big red X and all sorts of other off-putting stuff. I then checked out all the other “more” links and was presented with the same page. Clearly there is some problem, I don’t know whether it is with Norton, or the intervening sites that collect advertising/statistical data as you are diverted to other sites. I don’t know whether the problem is unique to me, but thought I should let you know about it.
32 REPLIES 32
All Star

Re: Security issue

Having the same issue with one of my readers.

Tags (1)
All Star

Having the same issue. The reader who brought it to my attention had clicked on a link in our email to a file that was hosted on our own website. I found that if I gave them the url to the file on our website, they could access the file just fine. So it seems that the problem was with Constant Constants "r20.rs6.net....." tracking url and not with the link destination itself. This customer was also using Norton, so it may be a Norton only issue? But as there is no way (that I'm aware of) for us to include a link in a Constant Contact email without CC's tracking url being used, this definitely seems to be something Constant Contact needs to fix, that we as users can't get around?

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hello @savedra , @BenjaminH9, @EPAUMC,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I apologize that some of your readers have had trouble accessing links in your email. That message was caused by a known issue that we are currently experiencing with rs6.net links. The issue particularly affects contacts who have Norton Antivirus installed on their computer. To prevent this from happening, they can white list the domain rs6.net in their Norton security system and will no longer get these messages. Here is a link to our FAQ on Whitelisting Constant Contact and rs6.net. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may pose. Our engineering team is looking into this and working on a fix. If you would like to receive notification when this is fixed, email us at Social_Support(at)ConstantContact(dot)com with the best email to reach and reference to this post.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

We are having a problem with r20.rs6.net on all the links we have in our email.  We have a large mailing list and can not work with each customer to have them whitelist the links. (personally it is happening on my phone and although I am very computer literate, I have no clue how to fix this.  We have a legally required notice to send out in the next few days.  Please help.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @FriendsofTheSeattlePublicL

Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue with the links in your campaigns. We certainly want to be sure that your customers are able to click on links in your email with no issues. If possible, would you be able to answer a few questions?

• Does this happen on both desktop and mobile?
  • Does the issue occur on every campaign you send?
  • Are you viewing the email while connected to a work network?
  • Have any of your contacts reported the same issue?

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Established Member

Having same issue. We need this fixed ASAP!

Hi @KatieG611

I apologize you're experiencing this same message with your links! Do you have an antivirus system running on your computer? We also have a few more follow-up questions that Alex previously mentioned:

• Does this happen on both desktop and mobile?
  • Does the issue occur on every campaign you send?
  • Are you viewing the email while connected to a work network?
  • Have any of your contacts reported the same issue?

Once we have these details we can troubleshoot this further for you.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

r20.rs6.net taking a longtime respond

We are having problem, especially from Desktop when user clicks on URL in email. The respective page do not get opened and throws following error 

This site can’t be reached

r20.rs6.net took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
  • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

From mobile devices it works seamlessly.

Tags (2)

Re: r20.rs6.net taking a longtime respond

Hi @NEMM 

I apologize you too are having this experience! Is this URL missing any dots, or even contain any extra dots? We have seen this experience if there are any broken links or images due to extra dots or missing dots in these URLs. In these cases we suggest manually typing in the missing dot or removing the extra dot to go to the correct website. You can also use the View As Webpage version, if it's a link in the email body. The webpage version will have the correct link.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.