cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmentation - Did not open - question

Occasional Advisor

Segmentation - Did not open - question

It's easy to run a segmentation to pull all contacts who haven't opened an email in the last year, but my question is which contacts is it looking at?

For instance, I upload new contacts every month and have done for years. So If I've just uploaded new contacts for December 2018, will these be included in this segmentation?

How I see this segmentation working is if it says "contact hasn't opened any email in the last year and they have received them all" ie. they are a contact I've had for more than one year.

Obviously a contact who has just been added in December hasn't had the opportunity to open a full year's worth of emails.

Hope this makes sense!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Segmentation - Did not open - question

Hi @TimReal

Your post definitely makes sense! In fact this is a great question to ask. I can understand how helpful it would be for a segment to pull contacts you've had for more than one year. However at this time our segment tool will include newly added contacts as well. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As a workaround I would suggest moving your segment results into a new contact list. You can then open the list and remove the contacts that were recently added.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.