cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select contacts with more than 1 tag

Highlighted

Select contacts with more than 1 tag

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to be able to quickly select contacts from multiple tags.

For example,

I have tags for contacts interested in "Product A", "Product B", and "Product C".

I also have contacts tagged for "Customer Survey" to gather feedback from contacts that have used one or more of these products. Some of these contacts will have used all three products, some only two of them, and others only one.

I want to be able to pull contacts to do a survey with the "Product A" tag only.  How do I combine the "Product A" tag with the "Customer Survey" tag to filter my data?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Select contacts with more than 1 tag

Hello @KarenH6303. Great question. At this time, we do not have the ability in Constant Contact to filter contacts who have two specific tags. What you would have to do is export your contacts, filter them offline to find those contacts, and then import them as their own list. I apologize for this inconvenience but I am going to submit your request to have this feature available in your account.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Do you have this functionality yet? It is really inconvenient to download, filter, and re-upload when you've spent so much time tagging contacts.

CTCT Employee

Hello @DonnaB927,

Thank you for reaching out to us!  At this moment, this has not yet been added, but I will absolutely attach your feedback to the account and pass it along to the appropriate teams for review.  I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

Please do something about this issue.  This is very frustrating.  We do spay and neuter surgeries on cats and dogs, and I have all of our surgical clients tagged as a surgery client, and then by cat owner, dog owner and those to be sent a survey.  I'd like to send a cat-specific survey to cat owners and do the same for dogs, but I'm sending them both the same because the filter is virtually useless if you're using multiple tags.  This is way more time consuming than it should be.

Hi @AaronW75

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback on this feature! I can completely understand how helpful it would be to select more than one tag when scheduling your email. I apologize for any inconvenience caused from not having this feature. In the meantime, one work around I would suggest is creating separate lists for cat owners and dog owners.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.