cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting "All Lists" and duplicates

All Star

Selecting "All Lists" and duplicates

We have a campaign that we wanted to go to our entire database, so we selected "all lists" when sending it out.  Folks that were on multiple lists received multiple copies of the same email---very embarassing.  

Has anyone else had this problem?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Selecting "All Lists" and duplicates

Hello @RabbiDLoew. I'm so sorry that some of your contacts received multiple copies of your email. This can happen when an email is sent to what is called a role address. A role address (such as info@ or office@) usually has multiple recipients who get a copy of the email. So if someone on your list had their personal address on your list but also belonged to a role address that was also on a list, they would receive multiple copies. I do see that you have some role addresses under your contacts. The only way to prevent this from happening again is to remove the role addresses from your contacts

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!