cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopify Integration - Email Captures

Occasional Visitor

Shopify Integration - Email Captures

Hi community. I recently integrated with Shopfy. It pulled ALL emails from customers. Yet, ALL the customers did NOT agree to receive marketing from our company. We have a specific opt-in box during checkout that customers must select in order to receive future communications from us. So, I now have almost 10k of new emails in my contacts, but only 60% of them are actually willing to receive emails. If I email those 10k, won't that be in violation of CC rules? I want to use the integration as it is full of good data, but not at increased risk of spam reports. Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Shopify Integration - Email Captures

Hi @JenniferV463,

We're sorry to hear this and appreciate you reaching out about it! The Shopify integration should only add contacts to your account when the permission box is checked. We'd like to further investigate this for you as soon as possible. Please send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and include your username, a reference to this post and any examples of contacts who did not opt-in via Shopify but were synced to your Constant Contact account. Thanks!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.