Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Line Border Around Content Block

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Simple Line Border Around Content Block

I know it's easy and I know there is someplace that will show me how, but I can't seem to find it.  Help!

Tags (4)
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Simple Line Border Around Content Block

Hi @IreneS30087. I'd be happy to help you with this. To add a border to a block, you will want to click Options in the floating toolbar above the block and then you can select the style, color, and width of the border that you would like to use. 

blockoptions.png

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

How do you do this in the new content editor?

Hi @GPEC2010! Although our third-generation editor does not have the ability to insert a border around a block, you are able to change the background color of a block if you wanted to have a block stand out from the rest of your email. I will submit your feedback about adding or editing a border over to our Product team.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

How do I remove the line around the block?  3rd gen.

Hi @gbwgbw

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your email! Is it a divider line you're looking to removing from your Third Generation email? If so this is definitely something you can do. You would want to left click on the divider in your email to open the editor. Once you do this, the divider's formatting table will show. This is where you'll see a trash can icon.

2018-03-12_13-23-35.png

Clicking on this icon will remove your line divider from your email.

Frankie P.

All Star

No, it's not the line divider.  There is a thin line around the content block.  I wanted to get rid of it but I ended up changing the background instead.

CTCT Employee

Hello @gbwgbw,

I'm sorry that we had such a hard time getting the right answer for you.  If you're looking to change the border that goes around the campaign as a whole in the new editor, you'll need to change the default color for buttons and dividers.  You do this by going to the 'design' tab on the left side, and then scroll down to the buttons and dividers section.

Design tab for changing outer border.png

Aaron H

All Star

That answer was the winner!  Thank you for being persistent!

Hello @gbwgbw,

I'm glad Aaron was able to nail down an answer for you! Please let us know if we can assist with anything else!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager