Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Line Border Around Content Block

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Re: Simple Line Border Around Content Block

Thanks again!

I was hoping I could do a simple "change template" for my campaign, with some tweaking, rather than start from scratch. I guess that's not possible?

Thanks so much for your help!

CTCT Employee

You’re welcome PamB387. Once again we do apologize we cannot add a border to templates that do not have them. Zoe did mention to our developers that you were looking for this feature and I’ll put in your feedback as well so hopefully we’ll see that come down the pipeline in the future. If there is anything else we can assist with please do not hesitate to reach back out!

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

I have not liked this '3rd Generation Editor' since the first time I used it.   It is too restrictive!!!   I personally think I got better looking emails using the second generation editor.   I have been using the 3rd generation because I was told to get use to it because the 2nd generation editor would be useless in the near future. 

Yes, the 3rd generation has a few nice improvements, BUT some of the really good options of the 2nd generation should have been included in the 3rd generation.  It seems to be as if you are trying to make the editing of an email 'mistake proof' but I think persons producing emails should have more control of what they produce.  I think the biggest problem has been the concern with not being able to produce emails with a way to control page skips when printing.   WOW,, wouldn't that be great for producing an email with controlled printing?!?!

I have been using this product for about three years.  It was easier to learn the 2nd generation and for me to control what I wanted my email to look like, than using the current product.  I was using only MS Office Word and Access to produce everything I needed before going to Constant Contact.  The ONLY advantage that I really get from using this product is the results of who opens and clicks. 

Being and HOA, with limited budget for a smaller number of mailings than a big business, we have to consider the cost as if it is warranted for this product.  Updating and maintaining two mailing list really is a pain.  And now the restrictions of the current editor has really starting giving me second thoughts about going back to my 'old' ways.   Not to mention, the cost increase that recently was implemented and paying for more of the options. 

But the main reason I started writing this was due to control of my newsletter.   Restrictions should be few and options should be many...  

CTCT Employee

Hello @HenryC33,

Thank you for your feedback! We do appreciate it very much. I apologize that you have had this experience with our editor, and we will continue to make improvements for our customers. I will track all of this feedback over to our engineers to review, and I do apologize for the inconveniences you have had with creating your email newsletters. If you do find yourself struggling with the editor, don't hesitate to reach out to us and we would be happy to assist! Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Is there a way to REMOVE the border that goes around the campaign as a whole? I understand you can change the color but I'd like to get rid of it. I am replicating an email from an older account and I need that extra space on both sides to have the font and photos line up. 

Hi @BrianC4588

That’s a great question! I know how helpful removing the border on your email may be, especially in your case to help with alignment. I apologize at this time there is not a way for this border to be removed. Because not all templates currently include borders, those that do were specifically made this way. Completely removing these borders it is not currently a feature we provide. As you mentioned, changing the color of this border is a workaround we do suggest. We also suggest moving your email to a template without a border. I apologize for any inconveniences caused from either of these workarounds! I have also submitted your feedback on this to the appropriate teams as well.

Frankie.P

Highlighted

This is a shame. I don't want to change the background color of the block. I just want it to stand out by having a line around it. Strange that CC didn't incorporate this feature into the newest version of the editor