cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

So Angry and Embarassed!!!!

Highlighted

So Angry and Embarassed!!!!

I had a very important email to send out to a segment of my contacts... spent hours choosing the best contacts... a lot of thought and time into the email... wanted it to be as personalized as possible.

I sent the email... and actually had good open percentage. then I realized after sending myself a test email that Constant Contact included thier clever email suggestions (below) was included in 135 emails!!!!

(Your copy should address 3 key questions: Who am I writing for? (Audience) Why should they care? (Benefit) What do I want them to do here? (Call-to-Action).

Create a great offer by adding words like "free" "personalized" "complimentary" or "customized." A sense of urgency often helps readers take an action, so think about inserting phrases like "for a limited time only" or "only 7 remaining!")

Why in the HELL would you be required to delete this before sending??? In any intelligent SAAS system, this would not be coded into the body text!!! I am livid.. embarassed... and too ashamed to even follow up.

YOU FAILED CONSTANT CONTACT... THANKS FOR HELPING TAKE A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS!!!

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1

Re: So Angry and Embarassed!!!!

Hi @jeffreys347

I apologize about any frustration the dummy text in the email template caused as we certainly understand the importance of wanting your emails to look professional. I see that you called in about the issue and I hope that the representative you spoke to was able to assist. Thank you for your feedback on the matter!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager