cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Angry and Embarassed!!!!

So Angry and Embarassed!!!!

I had a very important email to send out to a segment of my contacts... spent hours choosing the best contacts... a lot of thought and time into the email... wanted it to be as personalized as possible.

I sent the email... and actually had good open percentage. then I realized after sending myself a test email that Constant Contact included thier clever email suggestions (below) was included in 135 emails!!!!

(Your copy should address 3 key questions: Who am I writing for? (Audience) Why should they care? (Benefit) What do I want them to do here? (Call-to-Action).

Create a great offer by adding words like "free" "personalized" "complimentary" or "customized." A sense of urgency often helps readers take an action, so think about inserting phrases like "for a limited time only" or "only 7 remaining!")

Why in the HELL would you be required to delete this before sending??? In any intelligent SAAS system, this would not be coded into the body text!!! I am livid.. embarassed... and too ashamed to even follow up.

YOU FAILED CONSTANT CONTACT... THANKS FOR HELPING TAKE A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS!!!

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1

Re: So Angry and Embarassed!!!!

Hi @jeffreys347

I apologize about any frustration the dummy text in the email template caused as we certainly understand the importance of wanting your emails to look professional. I see that you called in about the issue and I hope that the representative you spoke to was able to assist. Thank you for your feedback on the matter!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!