cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Social Media IPhoto Queue

Occasional Participant

Social Media IPhoto Queue

this drivels me crazy. Each Monday, I use social share to alert our base to the latest advice column we publish. On Thursday we publish an inspirational article about many different things. The Monday social share post uses the same head shot of the columnist. Thursdays are always different. For some reason, I cannot get the head shot of Dr. Neimeyer to stick to the list of used photos, but the ones I use for the inspirational, which are one offs, stay forever. 

Every week I have to click on the media library icon and select the Dr. Neimeyer headshot again. It used to stay in the queue for a few weeks. Now it doesn't stay at all, although all the others stay around for months. This is after I was called by one of your people to explore my suggestion. 

I can't believe I am the only one with this Social Share problem. Ther must be others who post about a weekly columnist with a head shot. Why is this so difficult? Or am I missing some trick that would pin the headshot to the queue?

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
CTCT Employee

Re: Social Media IPhoto Queue

Hello @LawrenceL45,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I really apologize for the persistent problem that you have been experiencing. Just for clarification, the photo queue that you are referring to is what is displayed on Facebook for them to click on? Thank you for your time! 

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

The queue I am referring to is in the Social Share utility. When you schedule posts, there is a photo to the right of the text box. There are about 19 photos queued up in it. Some are stock graphics, and many are photos from my media library that I used once. What irks me is that I have one head shot I use every week, and can't get it to stay in the queue. Each week I have to add it back again, and then it is gone, although all the ones I no longer need stay forever. In the past, the head shot I use weekly would stay around for several weeks, then disappear. Now, since I suggested to CC that this be remedied, it has gotten worse.

CTCT Employee

Hello @LawrenceL14

Thank you for reaching back out and providing clarification on this. I can certainly see why that would frustrate you with the Social Share. Currently, we are tracking customer feedback on this issue and I have tracked your feedback in your account. 

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

not happy with answer. Here's the facts.  Until a few months ago, Some of the photos I used in Social Share would stay for several weeks in a rotation, so after a while, they would disappear to be replaced by newer ones (except for the CC stock graphics ones). Once I had selected the Bob Neimeyer headshot, it would stay around for weeks until it rotated out of the queue (each week I use one Neimeyer headshot on Monday, and one one-time photo on Thursday). I complained to CC about this, asking why users couldn't 'pin' an image they use regularly to the queue, and they said they were working on it. INSTEAD, I now find that one-time used photos stay forever, and the one I use every week, the Neimeyer headshot, disappears each week.

I can't be alone in this. There must be thousands of users who eblast weekly newsletters with a regular columnist..

The social share photo queue is clearly dysfunctional. It's time to deal with it.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

@LawrenceL45

Thank you for your reply! I do empathize and I apologize for this inconvenience. I wish I could say more at this time, but we have forwarded your concerns to the right people and I hope we will be able to provide more information soon.

Taryn Leinweber

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Any update on this? I still have the same problem after years of complaining. It makes no sense. There must be thousands of newsletter users who have a regular columnist with a headshot. I just can't understand why images I use once only stay in the queue, and the one I use every week disappears almost every time. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @LawrenceL45,

Thank you for your feedback. I do want to apologize for the experience you are having trying to find your photo. We are not updating how our product queues the images at this time. You can use the search icon or re-upload your photo into your library in order to find the photo you are looking for if you would like. We do completely understand how important it is to find the photo you are looking for, so thank you for giving us your feedback. 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

I still don't understand why many photos I've used stay in the queue for long periods of time, but the one head shot I need each week disappears from the queue. It's in the library in several versions, but whichever I use once is gone the next week. This makes no sense. There must be some setting that pins images to the queue.  I'd like someone to explain why some photos stick in the queue and others don't. If I knew that, perhaps I could do something to make this headshot stick in the queue.

Highlighted

Hi @LawrenceL45 

That's a great question. Though we are unable to designate the images that are appearing, we would be happy to explain how they are currently showing. The images in the image selector for a social post currently display default images, and the most recent images uploaded to the library.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.