cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Share Image Queue

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Social Share Image Queue

This has driven me nuts for years. I do two eblasts a week. One is for the same author, call him Dr. N. It's a Q&A advice column for the grieving. The other is inspirational content supplied by readers, e.g., poems, essays, quotes. In Social Share, there's a queue for images. The one off photos for the inspirational post stay in the queue for months. The head shot of Dr. N that I have to use each week disappears immediately. I've tried inserting the head shot into the eblast content since the one offs all come from the eblasts, but it doesn't seem to help. Has anyone found a way to get an image to stay in the queue? This makes absolutely no sense, and the CC people have been useless.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Social Share Image Queue

Hi @LawrenceL45 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this feature here in the Community! I can understand how helpful it would be for our Social Share to automatically display images that are often used or even images that were included in your campaign. I apologize this feature is not currently set up this way. This is however a feature request we have tracked in your account and submitted to our engineers on your behalf. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Hi Frankie

This is the same answer I've been given for years. You still didnt answer my basic question. Why do photos I used once stay in the queue for a very long time, but the one I use every week disappears after each use? It makes no sense. I have to re-insert it every week. I realize CC is just not getting around to improving the photo queue in Social Share, but I still don't get why the Dr. N photo doesn't stay in the queue for at least as long as the one shots. Please go into my account and look.

Hi @LawrenceL45 

I apologize my response was not the answer you were looking for. At this time the image queue for our social share feature is designed to include stock images and the most recently uploaded images in an account. I took a look at the social share posts available under your most recent campaign and can see this is the case for your account as well. The images showing in your queue are part of the most recent pictures uploaded into your Library.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

This is useful. So if I occasionally upload Dr. N headshot, then use it, it will remain in the queue for longer. I am trying it now. BTW, you really should give users more control over the queue. If I could, I would remove most of the used photos

CTCT Employee

Hello @LawrenceL45,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We will definitely take that into consideration. 

Zoe H.