cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Share Issues

Established Member

Social Share Issues

Hello,

We are having issues posting to Twitter through our Constant Contact account. Posts to twitter made through social share are taking hours to appear in our Twitter feed. Our most recent post for the campaign "Winter 2019 - II3 Online" did not post at all. instead, an "error posting" icon next to the post. I spoke with someone using the chat feature and was told to disconnect from Twitter and then reconnect, but this did not resolve the issue. Can someone please advise? 

Thanks,

Annie

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Social Share Issues

Hello @LorraineB1

Thank you for reaching out in the Community regarding the issue with posting your campaigns to Twitter. I apologize that this issue continues to occur for you. This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. Here are a few pieces of information regarding this issue that you may not already have:

• Twitter has applied a rate-limit to all third party apps for posting tweets. These limits last for 15 minutes. If posts fail, users can try to post again in 15 minutes. We are actively working with Twitter to modify these limits as it's out of our control 
  • Posting at the top of the hour will result in more chances of failure. You might try posting towards the end of the hour to avoid busy times
  • As a workaround while we are working to resolve this issue, you can always manually copy the email link and paste it in your twitter account.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions regarding this issue. 

Thanks!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!