cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Social Share Links

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Social Share Links

Hi

There used to be an option to add Social Share Links to the Newsletter. However they seem to have been removed now.

How can I add for example a way for people to share my newsletter on LinkedIn without me posting it on LinkedIn myself? I want them to be able to share the newsletter on their Social Media directly from the newsletter. Is this option still available?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Social Share Links

Hello @PeterB646. Thank you for your inquiry. You are currently using our third-generation editor to create your campaigns and at this time, the Social Share Links feature is not available for this editor. What you can do for a workaround is to create the campaign and send it a list with just your email address on it. When it is sent, you will then be able to take the Short URL for the sent email, copy the sent email and then create a link using the Short URL. This way, your contacts can take this link and share it on their LinkedIn pages. 

We are collecting feedback in regards to having the Social Share Links feature available for the third-generation editor and I will submit this feedback to our Product team. You can also voice your Feedback here as well. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Hi,

I just started using what I guess is the fourth generation editor. I think it is really difficult not to have the social share links option. I have been coaching my churches and others to include them so I can post their newsletters to my FB page, which is an overall page that serves 60 churches. Please bring them back. It is very difficult to have to call an organization's communicator and ask them to send you the Url so you can share a newsletter. It takes ten times as long. Thank you!

CTCT Employee

Hello @CarrieG62,

I know a new system can take a bit of time to adapt to, I'm sorry about the growing pains you're having with it.  The good news is that this is another feature that we've added since the original request.  In the 'build' section of the editor you can add a social block, and when editing a social block you can choose whether you want to turn it into a 'share' feature for your recipients' or if you want it to link back to your own social media pages.  You can find a video walkthrough of that here.

Aaron_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Is it still the case that we have to do a work around to use share to social buttons?

CTCT Employee

Hello @ResearchMatch,

Thank you for coming to the community with your question!  No, our new editor has a built in way of adding social buttons.  This includes both buttons to link to social media sites of your choice, as well as buttons to allow your recipients to share your email to their own social pages.  Both of those options are in the 'social' button option found in the Build section of the new editor.

Aaron_H