cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Share

SOLVED
All Star

Social Share

Please provide an option to turn off Social Share for specific emails. If I go in and delete all of the entries, there is no Save button. The next time I go in to Social Share the entries re-appear. Thanks.
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Social Share

Hi @M.ElaineD

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for any confusion there may be with the Social Share feature of your campaigns. Social Share is only activated on your emails if you're in your email activity page, scroll down to the Social Share section, and click Schedule Posts.

3ge-email-details-email-activity-social-share-section-and-schedule-post-button-step1.png

Doing this will cause these entries to always re-appear because they are automatic suggestions of what can be created.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
All Star

I understand the concept to turn on Social Share which I do use on a regular basis.  What happens if I click on Social Share and then decide I do not want to implement it?  It seems that once this button is clicked on the default schedule kicks off, even if that was not my intent.  I'm sorry if I am not explaining this clearly, but I have had this happen where an email was mistakenly shared on Facebook.  Thanks for your assistance.

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hello @M.ElaineD

To answer your question, social share posts will only go out if you click the schedule posts button on the top right of the page when you are in the social share section like in the example below:

You will also notice in the screenshot that if you want to remove posts after they are scheduled you can click the remove post button and it will not post. 

I hope this helps clear up the confusion, but if it doesn't please let us know. 

Thanks!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!