cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somehow I have two Company fields

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Somehow I have two Company fields

One is the regular Company field and then other is in the custom fields.  When I upload lists the company information seems to feed into this custom field.  How do I get rid of that second company without losing all of the information that's in there?  Is there a way to merge the information from the custom field into the main Company field?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Somehow I have two Company fields

Hi @TimothyF

The good news is you can combine this information into one field and delete the custom field you no longer need. The first step of this process is export your contacts with this custom field included in your download. Once you have this file it can then be re-uploaded into your account. The key to this re-upload is making sure this custom field is now being recognized as the Company field.

match-field-names-unmatched-column-select-a-field-drop-down-menu-expanded-continue-button-step4.png

Doing this will allow the correct field to be updated with this information. Once this upload is finished you can then go into your setting and delete this custom field.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

The only issue is that I have 11,000 contacts and I'm a bit hesitant.  I was hoping there was a back door way to merge fields.  Thank you for the response though!!

Hi @TimothyF 

You're very welcome! If for any reason you are hesitant to make this update, a good step you can take is exporting your contacts with these fields as they are now. Saving a copy of your contacts gives you the option to upload these contact fields back to how they were.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.