cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam default on test account

Highlighted
Visitor

Spam default on test account

I have spent a lot of time constructing, editing and re-editing my first campaign, only to be informed by customer services that when I send my test campaign, it will automatically be directly to the spam folder of all my contacts. I was informed that I must first purchase a package to resolve this problem. What is the point of a test if it doesnt function? Very stressed and dissapointed.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Spam default on test account

Hello @EmmaF762,

I am very sorry for any stress caused by this situation. It is definitely not the experience we want for you. I reviewed the email in your account and I sent myself a test preview of it and it was delivered to my inbox without issue. That said, I think there was a miscommunication. Your email campaign will not go to spam if you do not pay for one of our email packages. There is a limitation on trial accounts for how many email addresses you can send to in the 60-day trial (specifically, it is 100 email addresses). If you try to send to a list of more than 100 contacts the system will stop the email from going out. You would have to create a list of 100 contacts in order to test the campaign on.

While I can't guarantee every single email address will receive the email (click here to learn about bounces), I can guarantee that it is not because you are not paying for our services. If you have any concerns about spam, I encourage you to call and speak with our Deliverability team. They are trained to investigate and resolve deliverability issues. Click here for hours and contact information.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Hi Nick,

I have not gotten to the point where I have sent my campaign to any contacts tho I am aware that on the test account I can only send to 100 contacts.

I tested the campaign by sending myself and others (to gmail and hotmail) and they were delivered straight to spam.

I called your customer service number and they informed me that the IP address from which you use for the trial accounts, has been flagged as spam.  I was also informed that the only way around this problem was purchase a package from you as the IP address will be different, hasnt been flagged, and so will go to the inbox.

Currently I am exploring other alternatives to send my campaigns but am still very dissapointed from my test experience with Constant Contacts.

Regards,

Emma

Hello @EmmaF762. I apologize for the experience you've had with sending test emails from your trial account but thank you for clarifying the information you recieved from our Support team about purchasing a plan. We are seeing that some trial accounts are experiencing this issue with their test emails going directly to spam due to the server they are being sent from. We are working to correct this. At this time, the only way to have your emails be sent from a different server would be to purchase a plan. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!