cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam

Regular Visitor

Spam

Where is the spam rate on the report listing?
Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Spam

Hello @Julia_M68. You may be looking at the spam report for your campaigns. A spam report occurs when a contact on your email list receives your communication and then reports it as unwanted or unsolicited. Constant Contact has a 98% deliverability rate and we follow industry best practices to maintain this rate. We want to make sure that you have a great deliverabilty rate as well! Was there anything in particular about spam that you were looking for? I'm including a few links below that can give you more information about this.

Reporting an Email as Spam

Reduce Spam Reports

Maximize and Improve Email Deliverability Rate

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Advisor

It isn't.  They don't want you to know. Evidently.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Lizziebeth10,

I'm afraid that the information we can share regarding who has marked you as spam is somewhat limited due to both our own privacy policy, as well as some legal obligations regarding protected data.  In each campaign's reporting page, you'll see a number listed that shows how many of the recipients marked this campaign as spam.  Most users have very small numbers of spam reports, and following best practices will help keep those numbers down as well.  If those numbers are consistently high, that could indicate something wrong with the funnel being used to find new contacts, and is something you'll want to investigate more closely.  If you need help investigating your spam reports, our Account Review Department would be happy to assist you.  They can be reached at any of the numbers listed here.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Advisor

Hi Aaron - I am well aware that we are not allowed to know who has reported us as spam.  That's not the point. That's not what I, at least, want.

The point is that unless one clicks into each individual campaign, one can't see if *anyone* has reported it as spam. I am 99% sure that in days of yore (I've been using CC for over ten years), the number of spam reports was a standard part of the visible, and possibly downloadable, overview reporting page, in a table fashion. 

To make it worse, unless you click into each campaign, which is prohibitively time-consuming, you don't know if there is a spam issue until you get a nasty "your account has been suspended" email from CC. 
Now, I truly hope that most people don't ever have to deal with this.  But some systems automatically report back as spam some emails. NOT the user - the user never sees the email and couldn't if they wanted to.  So one could very easily have "unacceptably" large spam report numbers  based on bots on the receiving end which suddenly come into being, and one would know nothing about this because the reports home page doesn't show spam numbers.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Lizziebeth10,

I can absolutely understand your concerns with this.  You are correct that some 'spam' reports do come from the email client, not the person who wanted to be reading it.  And yes, in large numbers, this can cause problems, though that occurrence is relatively rare.  It's good to remember too that regardless of how or why someone reports you as spam, they can do so only once. You're already being tracked on the feature request to make spam reporting more readily available in some form of an overview, but additional feedback is always welcome, and we'll pass that along to the proper team as well.

Aaron H

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!