cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour of edit boxes today...11 Nov 2016

All Star

Strange behaviour of edit boxes today...11 Nov 2016

Edit fields suddenly twice the size - with 2 non functional tool tabs etc Just got thru creating today's bulletin by constantly refreshing the browser...
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Strange behaviour of edit boxes today...11 Nov 2016

Edit fields blocking my work in 3rd Generation Editor. It is becoming increasingly difficult to actually produce content in Constant Contact. How am I supposed to write anything in the box if Constant Contact editor is sitting on top of what I am writing?

Hello @Tikvat_Israel_Congregation. I apologize that you are seeing the formatting toolbar appear on top of your text. This can happen sometimes as a result of having your browser window being zoomed in. I would suggest setting your zoom to 100%. Also, I would suggest checking out your DPI settings as well, as this can cause the toolbar to overlap your text as well. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same problem. It has been happening since late last week, I think. It happens with every campaign, not just a particular one. Sometimes I see two images that I have inserted, instead of one. Sometimes, I see the name of the font in blue above the block. Sometimes I can save the block but most times I need to refresh the page. I don't have my browser window zoomed in. This is very frustrating!

Hello @RobertF19217,

I apologize for any frustration this is causing. I most certainly want to get to the bottom of it. I understand your browser is not zoomed in, but did you also check the DPI settings of the computer you're using? If it's set higher than 100% it might contribute to the erratic page behavior.

If the DPI is not set at 100%, try switching it down to that and then test the site again. If it still isn't working follow these additional troubleshooting steps:

1. Login to Constant Contact in an Incognito/Safe Mode window. If the issue does not occur in this environment it might be a plugin or extension interfering with the site experience. 

2. Try another browser. If it happens in one browser, but not another it could also point to some setting or extension on the affected browser interfering with the site experience. 

3. If possible also try using the site on another computer. 

4. Make sure your Internet speed is at least 2 mbps upload/download.

If the issue persists please reach out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of a campaign we can use as an example, and a reference to this post. We can try additional troubleshooting to address the issue. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hello @RoryK. I'm sorry that this is happening. I would like to ask some questions so we can assist you further:

• What is the name of the campaign that you are working on?
  • Do you have any error messages that appear when you are working in the block?
  • What browser are you using? Also, were you seeing this same issue occur in a different browser as well?

Any additional information we get about this issue would be very helpful. I would also ask if you could get a screenshot as well. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!