cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style of the "Having trouble viewing this email" link

SOLVED
Occasional Organizer

Style of the "Having trouble viewing this email" link

How can I change the style of the "Having trouble viewing this email" link? Do I need to add CSS styles to target it, or is there some way within the interface to change it?

I have a colour background on the email template and this link is inserted as a white background table.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Style of the "Having trouble viewing this email" link

UPDATED: September 2018

Hi Josh,

If you are working in one of Legacy Templates, I apologize there is not a way to edit the color of your Webpage Version link. However if you are working in our 3GE Newsletters you can use the text editor to change the font style, color, size, or emphasis.

Thanks!

Occasional Participant

Is there any way to get it only to show on HTML emails? as it puts a 4 line long super ugly address in the text version of the emails. probably making our emails look like spam to anyone who gets it in the text version

Honored Contributor

Hi Mitch,

We don't have the feature to edit the text version of the Webpage Version URL at this time. But I've passed on your feedback to our developers.

Thank you for your feedback!

Occasional Participant

Is there somewhere to find the link that CC generates for this before we send our email? In that case, we could code it into our custom template and it would not show up in the text version.

Occasional Participant

I just used a roundabout approach, by clicking to activate the "click here" link, and then copying that link into my own code and deactivating it from CC.

Honored Contributor

Hello Mitch, 

I would recommend going through the steps in this FAQ to shorten the Webpage version link in the Text Version of your email.  This will help to ensure that the link will have the latest updates and will work for your contacts.  

Hope this helps! 

Tags (1)

This post thread is archived, content is saved for education. Links will not be updated. If you need additional information please create a new post. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!