Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscribe buttons

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Subscribe buttons

Can I add a susbscribe to newsletter button to my website that will automattically add interested members to my contact list

11 REPLIES 11
Contributing Solution Provider

Subscribe buttons

To create a Join My Mailing List box for your website: 1.Go to Contacts > Join My Mailing List. 2.Click the "Start Wizard" By following the instructions, html code will then be generated for you (or your webmaster) to copy and add to your website. Wishing you success.

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Occasional Visitor

Re: Subscribe buttons

I can't find the "join my mailing list" button on the contacts page. Is this info current? 

Honored Contributor

UPDATED: March 2018

The information below is out of date. To learn how to create a sign-up button, click here. To learn more about our new Inline forms, click here and here.

---------

Hi Diana,

To create a Join My List box or link for your website:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, go to Contacts > Grow My Contact List.
  2. Click Create a link.
  3. Select a form, button, or text link style. To view all of your style options at once, click the "Preview All Styles" link.
  4. Customize the text, font, and colors to match your website. If applicable, you can select from image options as well. 

Note: The options available to you depend on which signup box style you selected in the previous step.
  5. Click Next to see a box entitled "Get HTML Code" on the next page.

site visitor 

NoteThe HTML code is not saved in your Constant Contact account. To refer back to this code later without having to recreate it, copy and paste the code into a .TXT file and save it on your computer. 
  6. Click on the Preview button below the HTML box to see what the Join My List link will look like.

Now that you have your Join My List box or link, copy and paste it into your webpage source code.  To send the Join My List code to a webmaster, paste the HTML code into a plain text file (such as Notepad or Text Edit) and attach the file to an email.

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

What if you want to add a "subscribe to newsletter" checkbox to a contact form? Is that possible and what would be needed to set it up?

Honored Contributor

Hi Lucy,

You would need to use our API in order to connect a checkbox to a Join My Mailing List form. You can check out our Developer Network for help with this.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Is there a way to have a "Subscribe" AND "Unsubscribe" button for a website?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Kat

Honored Contributor

Hello Kat, 

If you have a Join My List button on your website from Constant Contact, then someone would be able to unsubscribe through it as well.  If they go to your form and then insert in an email address that is already in your list they will be asked if they want to Update their profile.  If they "Submit" that request, they are then sent an email which links to a page to change their interests if you have multiple lists on your form or unsubscribe from all emails.  

Hope this helps!  

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

We wish to create a "subscribe to our newsletter"  button on our email (which I can do following your examples provided), however when the contact enters their email address and presses GO to sign up, we want NO follow up email requesting the contact to edit their profile. We already have their email and simply wish to add them to a New occasional newsletter email campaign. We do not need them to verify anything and we have no bullet list for them to select general interest vs. any other category. Is there a way to delete those extra emails sent out to existing contacts who sign up?

Honored Contributor

Hi Barbara,

Unfortunately no. There is no way to stop the "update profile" emails from going out if you use the Join My Mailing List button in your emails.  Another option you could do is to have them click a link to email you that they're interested. This would mean you have to manually add them to that list, but it would stop those other mailings from going out.

That's a great feature request. Do you mind passing that along to our Feedback Team here?

Thank you!