cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriber Preferences and New Imported Contacts

Subscriber Preferences and New Imported Contacts

Hello. I'm interested in setting up the option of allowing for subscriber preferences in addition to the unsubscribe option. I'm assuming once preferences are set they get segmented into groups. What happens when I import a file to update contacts which includes new contacts? Do the new contacts go into a separate email group? Essentially, we would want new contacts to receive all emails until they choose to change their preferences. Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Subscriber Preferences and New Imported Contacts

Hi @RAPV-Christine

These are great questions! We offer an update profile form that can help you accomplish exactly what you are looking for. Once this form is customized it will give your contacts the option to select which list they want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from.

update-profile-form-select-email-lists.png

I would also like to point out when you upload a file of contacts they will be added into the list that you select. So if your goal is to have them receive all emails until they change their preferences, your contact file can be added into all of your lists. Just make sure to remember to customize your update profile form! Once a campaign is sent to them then they will have the option through the update profile link in your email's footer.

Update_Profile_email_link.png

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.