cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Sudden (overnight) decline (by half) in open

Highlighted

Re: Sudden (overnight) decline (by half) in open

Hi @Bertolet_Construction 

I apologize you have seen this change in your open rate. Through further troubleshooting I can see many of your campaigns with high open rates were resent to your non-openers. Not only this, but your contact list size also varies on certain campaigns. Readers opening your emails who are on a smaller list will cause your open rate to be high.

Have you had any reports of your contacts not receiving your emails? Some of these campaigns with your lower open rates have many contacts in its did not open report with the same domain. They are also majority private domains. Private domains do tend to have a stronger filter setting than others that can cause your email to not properly be delivered. This in turn lowers your open-rate. In these cases we suggest whitelisting Constant Contact in their security settings.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.