cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight (8/23) from 11:00 PM - 12:00AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Suggestions for Safe Unsubscribe

All Star

Suggestions for Safe Unsubscribe

It would be really helpful if people could unsubscribe from just one lists without unsubscribing from everything sent from our account. For example, we just started a 31 Days of Prayer campaign and began sending an email each morning. We have had several people unsubscribe with the reason "I'm receiving too many emails." We generally send just one weekly email to our primary list, so adding the 31 Days email made some people unsubscribe. Do you think separate unsubscribes might be an option in the future. Thanks. Betty Robertson
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Suggestions for Safe Unsubscribe

Hi @BettyR91

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback. The good news is Constant Contact does actually offer the ability to do this. The Update Profile Form available in your account under “List Growth Tools” is what offers this ability.

List Growth Tools.png

As long as your contact lists are selected as an option on this form, contacts can unsubscribe from just one list rather than the whole account. Here is our helpful FAQ on how to customize your Update Profile Form so customers themselves can subscribe or unsubscribe from specific lists.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Is there a way to link to this form?

CTCT Employee

Hello @cityfirstchurch,

Thank you for coming into the community! The update-profile form can be linked automatically from the footer of any of your email campaigns, in addition to the update-profile form affecting what people see when they click the 'Unsubscribe' button.

The 'Update Profile Form' does not have a link available outside of the footer of your emails. However you can create the same information requests, and list options on another Landing-Page Sign-Up form, and link to that Sign-up form instead. Instructions on how to link to any of your Landing-Pages can be found here.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.