cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Suspect Clicks? Immediate and across all people at same certain companies?

Regular Visitor

Suspect Clicks? Immediate and across all people at same certain companies?

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if anyone can help. It's becoming difficult to trust my click through lists due to the fact that in many cases I get examples of all employees at a certain company seem to click on all the links possible, all with the same time stamp. Same goes for some individuals. It started as only a few but is now getting hard to tell who has really clicked on anything. 
At first I thought it must be some sort of error with the customer company email systems but how would constant contact read automatic things as actual clicks?

Anyone else have the same issue?

Kind regards,

Duncan

7 REPLIES 7
CTCT Employee

Re: Suspect Clicks? Immediate and across all people at same certain companies?

Hello @Genalog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We completely understand how important it is to have correct reporting shown on your account. Constant Contact only looks at the individual clicks made by your customers. It does sound like our reporting is functioning correctly but for further research could you please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com your username, a reference to this post, an example of an email campaign that has this reporting, and some examples of customer's email addresses that have the same clicks recorded at the same time. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Having the exact same issue. It makes the reporting from Constant Contact useless... which in turn highly devalues the service.

Hi @Cknopp

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for any confusion there may be with your email reporting. An email being marked as opened multiple times by one contact can be from their email preview pane "seeing" it every time your contact scrolls by it in their Inbox. We have also seen multiple counts of links being clicked or an email being opened due to a contact's security program. Before placing an email in your contact’s inbox many security programs screen these emails. These programs screen emails by opening them, downloading images, and clicking links. Being able to remove this reporting is a feature request I have submitted in your account and passed on to the appropriate teams.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

Hi I am having the same issue - results showing individuals from the same company clicking at the exact same time...

Hi @RanjitS2

Cases where individuals from the same company are all clicking at the same time is due to a contact's security program. Many security programs screen emails by opening them, downloading images, and clicking links. I apologize at this time, there is not currently a feature to remove this reporting. We have submitted your feedback on this reporting in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Regular Visitor

Hi Frankie,

Thank you for the reply. I had guessed this is the case but that it must be a fairly common issue for those of us not dealing with the general public. I will just have to disregard any clicks from the first minute of my campaign and hope there are only minimal legitimate customers.

Kind regards,

Duncan

CTCT Employee

Hello @Genalog

Please feel free to reach back out to us if you run in to any more questions. 

Have a great day!

Alex S.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.