cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Suspending email accounts is absolutely insane

Occasional Contributor

Suspending email accounts is absolutely insane

Suspending email accounts because someone does not open an email three times in a row is non sense. They could easily be looking at a "preview." We pay A LOT OF MONEY for Constant Contact but if this keeps up we will take our business elsewhere
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Suspending email accounts is absolutely insane

Hello @RobL58674,

Thank you for coming back into the community with your concerns!  I'm sorry for any confusion on our suspend process.  An email is suspended when it repeatedly bounces as non-existent.  Which means that the email server that you are sending to either doesn't exist, or can't find that particular address.  This is usually caused by them providing you with an address that contains a typo, or that has been deleted.  We do not suspend people just for not opening an email.

A list of our bounce reasons, and why they happen can be found here.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.