cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Dancing Script to Comic Sans - awful

Highlighted

Switch from Dancing Script to Comic Sans - awful

I used Dancing Script in an email, thinking that another script-like font or at least something attractive would be substituted in cases where the font was not available - but many people received an email with the text in Comic Sans, which is just awful. The email was a huge embarrassment. Is that a problem on CC's end or with individual email programs?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Switch from Dancing Script to Comic Sans - awful

Hello @tcob,

We do have a feature request in to make fonts more customizable, and to improve the formatting to increase the consistency across devices.  Ultimately each device can read the coding differently, and some devices will simply have a different display than others, sometimes with unfortunate results.  Putting extra coding in to ensure that consistency can sometimes lead to too much HTML in the background, which can cause even more extreme problems though.  We'll continue working on ways to improve consistency and add more font options, but ultimately if you're using a non-standard font, there's no guarantee that it will display the way you want in all email clients.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.