cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

i cant get passed editing the header. Keep getting this error message.
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

Hi Malia.

I'm sorry you keep receiveing that error message. I am more than happy to help troubleshoot this with you. Are you putting any type of special characters in the header? Does your subject line or from name have any unusual characters? I would try just clearing out the subject line and the from name and seeing if that lets you exit the header options. If you are still struggling please let me know the name of the email you are working on and I will be happy to take a look at it for you.

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

I had this same problem. It was fixed by my logging out of Constant Contact and then logging back in.

All Star

I also was able to fix it by logging out and back in.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!