cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab

Occasional Contributor

Tab

I would like to know why there is no "tab" function available when putting text in an email or on a document such as a newsletter.  This is very frustrating and shouldn't be that difficult to add.  Can't something be done about this?  I can't believe I'm the only one that has ever addressed this topic.

Tags (5)
12 REPLIES 12
CTCT Employee

Re: Tab

Hello @DianeB4507,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. At this time the Constant Contact editor does not support the option to use the tab key. We are currently taking feedback on this and I am happy to submit your request to the appropriate teams.

In the meantime, you may be able to get some text to copy and paste an indent from another program. This would be a workaround and may not work exactly how you need it to but it might be worth a try.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

I concur.  This needs to be added ASAP!

Highlighted

Hi @ChristyF06

Thank you for coming to the Community with your feedback! I can definitely understand how helpful it would be tab your text. I apologize this is not a feature that is currently available. This is however a feature request I would be happy to track in your account and submit to our engineers.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

I am still very interested in getting that feature.  If and when do you think it would be available?

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @DianeB4507

Thank you for following up in the community regarding the tab functionality in the third-generation editor. 

At this time, we don't have an estimated time frame for that functionality to be added. I will be glad to submit your feedback on this to the appropriate teams. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

I agree - the tab function needs to be added. Please work on this. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @MVEA2016,

We definitely understand why you would like to have a tab function in your newsletters. I have also tracked your feedback and submitted it to our engineers for review. Hopefully this feature will be implemented in our product soon! 

Zoe H.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Yea this lack of functionality is pathetic. 

All Star

Agreed. This is extremely annoying. Why can't software designers incorporate basic typing functions over a century old? Do they ever actually use their software?