cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Table of Contents ??

Occasional Contributor

Table of Contents ??

I am stumped! I want to add another subject to Table of Contents but can't. In the Block menu, the Table of Contents is de-selected (i.e. unable to select it at all), and I don't know what happened - but my section "U.S.A. Teaching Schedule" no longer has a link under Table of Contents option so that it appears again on the front page of the Newsletter? Thanks, Devra
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Table of Contents ??

Hi MartinCheekMosaics,

You can only enter the Table of Contents once since it's meant to be a directory to other places in the same email. It sounds like you need to edit the TOC to include the "U.S.A. Teaching Schedule" again. To do this click the pencil icon on the TOC block to edit it. Find the topic in question in the list and make sure that it's checked off so that it will show. You are also welcome to customize the text here if you would like.

If this isn't working please let us know the name of the email you are working on so we can take a look!

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

Table of Content links not working

I have set up a newsletter and am using a Table of Content but the links are not working in a right sidebar. It looks nice but the links do not really work when clicking through an email variation of the newsletter. When I view online it does work. Is there anything available to correct this issue when viewing through email?
Tags (2)

Re: Table of Content links not working

HI @LeighW84

I am sorry to hear of this frustration. Are you testing the links in the draft email or while you are preview/testing the email? Table of content links, just like other links, don't work in the draft mode so you would need to preview or test send your email.

If you are sending the email to yourself when this happens please let me know what email client you are sending to!

What is the name of the email this is happening in so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Organizer

In my newsletter, I have a few click here to register... on table of contents, these links are not working when i do the preview or send an email to myself and try to click on it. 

How to edit the links?

CTCT Employee

Hello @Aolmahwah,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that your Table of Content links are not working. I took a look in your account and clicked on the links in your most recent campaign in preview and they seem to be working on my end. To edit the Table of Content block you will have to hover over the block with your mouse and click on the pencil option up at the top right hand corner of your block. I also recommend trying to click on these links in a different browser for troubleshooting purposes. That will help us narrow down the reason why your links aren't working on your end. Another recommendation I have for you is to switch to our Third-Generation Editor. It is an updated and mobile responsive version of editing your emails! Thank you. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Organizer

Thank you for your reply. I could figure out the edit by clicking on pencil icon but once I’m inside the edit, selecting the relevant checkboxes, I’m not able to update the links. Only the display name for the link is editable.
Also, you are right. First few links works. Not the last 3

Hi @Aolmahwah 

Than you for responding with these details! We would be happy to help clarify how you can update these links. The links that are connected are content blocks within the email itself. If you want to update the information for this link, you will have to update the information in the block that is connected.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.