cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Table of contents work on desktop but not phone - any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

Table of contents work on desktop but not phone - any ideas?

Used a template to create new look for newsletter.  Table of contents links work on desktop, but not on my phone.  Any ideas?

TIA!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Table of contents work on desktop but not phone - any ideas?

Hi @LimorE9

That’s a great question. I can completely understand how helpful a table of contents would be in your email. Table of contents usually contain anchor links, and anchor links are not always mobile compatible. Mobile devices usually break this function; I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. After taking a look at your account I can see you were able to speak to one of our support agents through chat as well. I would suggest following their work around of inserting a read more action block in our the Third-Generation Editor instead of anchor links and tables of contents. I hope this work around helps!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Organizer

Would Constant Contact consider adding the Table of Contents block into the Third Generation Editor? I've updated all of our publications to the new editor with one exception because we need to retain the Table of Contents.  We'd much prefer to have all of our publications in the new editor so we can take advantage of features like the automatic resend. Using the "Read More" workaround doesn't work for our audience. 

Just thought I'd ask! Thanks.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @RoverLibrary,

Thank you for your inquiry! I can definitely understand how beneficial it would be to include a table of contents block in the Third-Generation editor. At this time, there is no specified date as to when a table of contents block is going to be designed or released, but I have submitted this feedback to our developers.

It is possible to emulate something like a table of contents within the Third-Generation editor. You can use our layout blocks located under the Build tab and choose the two-column layout. You can build on those columns by adding additional blocks within them. For more information on this, please click here. I do apologize for any inconvenience in not having this feature at the moment, but I hope this information helps! Let us know if you have any further questions!

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing