cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Filtering for Larger Accounts

Tag Filtering for Larger Accounts

I was frustrated to find that after spending a couple hours on tagging my contacts that I wouldn't be able to use the tag filtering feature when sending the email due to having more than 10,000 active subscribers. Why does this limit exist? It makes it very difficult for larger accounts to target their campaigns.

7 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Tag Filtering for Larger Accounts

Hi @EPScommunications

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your contacts! I apologize for the experience you're having with using tags as you send out your emails. Being able to have the option to limit contacts by tags in an account that has over 10k active contacts, is a feature request our engineers are currently looking into. While we do not have a time estimate of when it will be available, I had tracked your feedback and passed it on to the appropriate teams. In the mean time, as a work around we suggest creating a list of just the contacts you wish to send to and schedule the email to that list. 

What are the criteria for the tags that you are using? For instance, are these tags in house categories or based off of your contact's activity in your account? Getting a better understanding of how you use your tags can help us be able to provide workarounds or suggestions that may help.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

I was close to migrating our current contacts over to Constant Contact until I stumbled on the thread where people complained that they couldn't use tags when you have over 10,000 contacts. This, to me, makes absolutely no sense. Anyone marketing to a group that large MUST have the ability to narrow the list based on tags. Your customer service person seemed ignorant and told me that there are workarounds, but I would need to subscribe in order to reach the support team. Uhhh...no. I need an answer as to whether this is workable BEFORE I subscribe. So, if I have 12,000 contacts and I want to send an email to those that are tagged with either tag "attendee" or tag "sponsor" is this possible? What does the "workaround" entail? I can't believe that the clunky and awful Highrise system we currently use actually has more functionality than Constant Contact.  

CTCT Employee

Hi @KaryG,

We're sorry for any frustrations and glad you reached out about it. Our programmers are currently collecting customer feedback about having the ability to utilize tags for accounts with more than 10,000 contacts. In the meantime, you can definitely utilize email lists to segment, organize and group your contacts! The workaround would simply be to create separate email lists (i.e. "attendee" and "sponsor") in which to send your email campaigns to.

We'd also like to apologize for any miscommunication you may have received from the representative you spoke with. Our customers with free trial accounts do receive the same access to Customer Support as our paying customers. Free trials, however, are limited to testing our products with up to 100 unique contacts. So by uploading 12,000 contacts to your account you would need to upgrade to a paid account in order to send email campaigns to that many contacts. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help clarify!

Nichelle M

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I agree, this is an absolute must needed feature. I have used Constant Contact for years and this used to be a feature. Only recently was the limit set to accounts over 10,000 contacts. 

For a long time I was requesting that the ability to "exclude by tag" also be added, as "narrowing" isn't quite enough to guarantee price targeting. It seems instead of progress, we're now going backwards.

Now that the "narrow by tag" feature is gone, I have absolutely no way of targeting without a lot of tedious list management tasks.

I am going to have to change providers as a result.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @KeralaAyurvedaAcademy,

Thank you for your feedback! We really do appreciate it and apologize that this feature is not available at the moment. I am tracking your feedback on this now and you will be notified when this is available. You may also segment your contacts into different lists if you would like to send more targeted emails! Please click here for information on how to do that. 

Zoe_H

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

I would also like to voice frustration at this 10K limit and vote for removing it. We have been using lists for specific segments (for example, when we get email newsletter signups from a specific event and want to send a targeted welcome email), but we have dozens of lists now. It's messy and requires a lot of maintenance for us to keep our lists in order. Please fix this issue. Thank you for working on this issue!

CTCT Employee

Hello @ChristineF75,

Thank you for participating in the community and providing your feedback regarding the limit of tags for accounts with more than 10k contacts. 

We value your input and I have passed your feedback on the appropriate teams. As mentioned earlier in the thread, you do have access to segments, which are similar to tags. We are confident that segments will allow you to segment your list to send targeted emails to your customers while keeping your list organized To see how you can take advantage of our new segments feature, please click here

Alex_S

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!