cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Tag Filtering for Larger Accounts

Established Member

Re: Tag Filtering for Larger Accounts

I realize many have already voiced support for this, but I also want to say that this is extremely detrimental to our enterprise email program. I don't know why you even allow contacts to be tagged if you don't allow those tags to be utilized. Please fix this ASAP.

Tags (1)

Hi @PulseofUCSF

Thank you for sharing your feedback here in the Community. I apologize for any inconvenience not being able to use this feature may have caused you. We have submitted your feedback on this feature request in your account and passed it on to the appropriate teams as well.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

We've been with Constant Contact for many years and features like this always drag far behind other email programs. As a marketing guy, I'm embarrassed that I can't target the way I know I should when I send out emails. It's counterproductive and incredibly frustrating. 

Today, I want to send an event invitation to our subscribers in Ohio but exclude those who have already registered. I should be able to do this with tags or with a feature that lets you send to X list who are not on Y list. And no I can't do it with the event module because unless you exclusively use the event email from the very moment you launch your event, the static list created won't account for people already registered or new people who have subscribed to your list. 

Of course I know why these features lag behind other email programs ... money. Constant Contact makes its money from the masses of people with little lists and little email experience and fairly low expectations. Plus, with such a big customer base, CC tried to throttle the server power needed to service customers with bigger lists. I like the all-in-one convenience of CC, but as a market leader, you really could up your game if you wanted to and not be so clunky. 

Please don't respond with your pre-written reply. Just tell the development department that people want to target better. This is urgent. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @DeanR1,

We do completely understand why you would want to use our tag feature in your larger account, and I will submit your feedback to our engineering team. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but thank you for your feedback. Have a wonderful Sunday! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.