cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Help

Advisor

Tag Help

I apologize if this is on the wrong forum, however I could not find a more suitable place to post this.

I have a question regarding the tags in my contact list. I think maybe Constant Contact had an update and I can no longer "Narrow Down" my contact list while sending emails. So this FAQ does not apply. I've attached a screenshot of what my screen looks like when scheduling a campaign. I had to go to my contact list, select the appropriate tag, and use the "QuickSend" option for my last email. However, there must be an easier option I am missing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim

CCList.PNG

13 REPLIES 13
CTCT Employee

Re: Tag Help

Hello @ThatMatt,

Yes, you're correct. We don't have the the "limit by tag" feature on the scheduling page anymore. As a workaround, you can add the contacts in the tag to their own email list. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sara Lambert
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Hi Kim,

Just wanted to also follow up from our Product Development team.  We did release a new version of the List Picker experience to make it easier to select lists and send emails.  One of the pieces that you have noticed that didn't make this first release is the Filter by Tags functionality.

The good news is that we are already working hard to add that to the new List Picker experience.  Even better news is we're also improving that functionality by also adding the ability to exclude Contacts who have a tag, giving our customers even more ways to segment and target their email communications.

While I can't give a specific date on a release of this, we are targeting the next few weeks.  We want to make sure that everything is tested well and works for our customers before we release it though and that can add a little uncertainty on a specific date.  We'll have it out soon though and even better than before.

Thanks again for the feedback.  Please share any other thoughts you have on the new List Picker experience. We're really excited about it and hope that customers like you are also excited.  

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Hello - has this new feature been implemented yet? I need to send an e-blast out to some important customers and need the ability to suppress some contacts when sending out.  Thank you!

CTCT Employee

@Freeman_Brand_Experience_Lab We have rolled out the new limit by tag feature. However, this feature has been disabled for accounts that have more than 10,000 contacts. We found that using the limit by tag feature with that many contacts put too much stress on our servers. We are currently looking to see if we can implement a fix for this to help our larger list users. In the meantime, you can add the contacts you want to send to to their own email list. You can then schedule an email to go directly to that email list. 

Alan F.
Community and Social Media Support
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Established Member

In my opinion, the new rollout of Constant Contact lost more features than it has gained. If I have to create a list for every tag it is just cluttering up my lists. I'll be looking for a new service as this is one of many features that have disappeared.

Tags (2)
Established Member

I would also add that it's not clear to me why there would even be an option for tags if I can't use them.

Tags (2)

Hello @MOEnviroCoalition,

I appreciate you giving us your opinion. Feedback like your is important for our continued growth and developing the road map for future product updates. I understand why having to create lists out of your tags might be an inconvenience. I have tracked your concerns in your account for our product teams to review. This is something we are researching and I can make sure you are notified if or when there is an update.  

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Hi Nick,

Just wanted to let you know that our nonprofit has been a loyal Constant Contact customer for nearly ten years now. When I was first hired, I was the one who suggested that we use your service because it had always worked well for me in my previous employment.

This issue with not being able to segment by tag if there are over 10,000 contacts is going to be the end of our long-standing relationship. It is absurd that a service we purchase to help grow and segment our mailing list now is prohibiting us from doing either.

After suffering through your automated support each time I call and then being told different stories by different reps ("There's no restriction on tags over 10,000 contacts - who told you that?" - Amber; "I see here that it is listed as a feature request...The only workaround is to turn your tags into lists." - Juan, and others whose names I don't have the patience to look up right now, as this has been going on for some time.) and still having no resolution and no timeline for change, with no offer of any credit to our account and no offer to expedite this matter, I am more than frustrated. Constant Contact should train its reps to tell the truth - that Constant Contact has no intention of fixing this. 

Regretfully, I have no choice than to recommend to my Board of Directors and CEO that we switch email services.

Tags (2)

Hi @JewelBomb,

I'm from the product team at Constant Contact and I just wanted to add some color to this thread.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and frustration. I understand that you had been using tags as a part of the older edit experience, and tags are not yet available as a "narrow by" feature in the new experience. (Tags are still available in the older edit experience without restrictions.)

There are several reasons why tags aren't enabled for customers with more than 10,000 contacts in the new edit flow, ranging from performance issues to unexpected quirks. We will address these, and we do plan on supporting tags in the new workflow for larger-list customers.

-Paul