cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates

All Star

Templates

Hello,

In the past we always created an email and then after sending saved that as the template for that 'season' (we are an event every June so we try to refresh our emails before each season starts).  With this new change I am wondering how I save my new look as a template? I know that I can copy emails but I was told a few years ago by your staff that I shouldn't do that because some 'code' gets leftover on the backend after copying it so many, many times and that is what was causing misc. issues for us in formatting. I just created our new look with your brand new templates but I'd like to save this template as ours to use for this year. Is the only way now to copy the email???

Tags (2)
1 REPLY
CTCT Employee

Re: Templates

Hi @PattiL11

Thanks for bringing your question to the community! The ability to save as a template is currently limited to our Second Generation Editor (2GE), and is not available in our Third Generation Editor (3GE). However, we do have a lot of customers requesting this option, so I've tracked your interest and set up a case to notify you once this functionality is implemented.

In the meantime, you can make what we call a Master Template. To make a Master Template, create an email using one of our templates and make all the changes that are going to be the same in all sends. Things like your logo, colors, and section headings. Once that's done, save the email to a folder on your Campaigns tab for easy retrieval. You can then make copies of that base email instead of making copies of copies.

Nate M. 
Community Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!