cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Hold on new subscribers?

new contacts

I recently called CC to complain about contacts that are showing up in my new list that have no first and last names, only numbers? I was told these would be deleted, but more have been populated into my TEWR Newsletter List! Please advise ASAP. Juanita Koth

CTCT Employee

Re: new contacts

Hi @JuanitaK60,

Thanks for reaching out about this! I checked your account and do see that you recently spoke with our Account Review team. I'm sorry you're still getting invalid email addresses signing-up for your email list. We know how frustrating this is and have implemented a new process to assist our customers. These contacts have been placed directly into the "Temporary Hold" contact status and cannot be emailed to. You can find that by clicking on the contact email address to access the Contact Details page:

2017-06-26_12-49-15.png

There are some things you can do to help prevent these fraudulent email addresses from signing-up for your email list. Please refer to this helpful FAQ with more details. Also, feel free to reach out at any time directly to our Account Review team for assistance with this.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
All Star

suspicious new subscribers

Fairly regularly and on early Sunday mornings, I receive anywhere from a 6-18 "new subscribers".  Never do they provide their names, just their email addresses.

I do my best to pick these out of my contacts, but what can I do to keep these non-prospects from signing up in the first place?

CTCT Employee

Re: suspicious new subscribers

Hi @JillK9,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and we're sorry you're receiving suspicious new contacts! What you're seeing are fraudulent sign-ups. If we suspect this abuse, the system will automatically set the Permission status as Temporary Hold for these contacts. You can find this on the contact details page: 

2017-07-24_13-03-38.png

This new process has been put in place to assist our customers and also to prevent you from being billed for these suspected contacts. However, there are a some things you can also do. Please refer to this helpful resource for all the details.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Re: Temporary Hold on new subscribers?

Does anyone have a solution on how to change all of the Temporary Hold contacts to Permission to send in one action?  It is such BS if I have to go in and manually change each contact from Temporary Hold to Permission to send. 

So far I have been nothing but frustrated with this system.

Re: Temporary Hold on new subscribers?

Hello @MatthewW6613,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by the current process for handling "Temporary Hold" contacts. At this time the only way to address them is one at a time. However, we are collecting feedback on implementing the ability to handle more at once and I will make sure to track your concerns in your account for our developers to see.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager