cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test/Preview Emails Not Sending from constant contact

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Test/Preview Emails Not Sending from constant contact

I've been trying to have a test or preview email sent to me for review before finishing my email newsletter. I've tried different email addresses and have not received a single email and I've been waiting more than an hour. I am getting emails from others, it's not my mail server or my spam filter. I even tried sending from your app, but I still haven't received a test email. Are your servers down? 

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Test/Preview Emails Not Sending from constant contact

Hello @LisaN16,

I am sorry to hear that your test emails are not being received.  I would like to try and help to see what could be going on.  

If you are using a gmail account to send your test to, make sure you check the "Promotions" folder to see if it is being sent there.  If it is not a gmail, have you checked your spam or junk folder to see if the email is being filtered by your inbox? 

Also make sure you are not sending to a role address, like info@ or sales@; instead use a personal email to see if it is delivered. 

Please reach out to us if these steps do not help, we can continue to troubleshoot with you! 

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

I am facing the same problem test mail not working. have used this endlessly before. if you could help

CTCT Employee

Hello @PaulA014,

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today. I'm sorry to hear that you're not receiving your tests but we can definitely look into this for you! If you aren't using a role address, the email isn't going to spam, and you aren't using Gmail, there could still be a few other causes. If your IT team has made any changes to your email client or system security, they may need to Whitelist us. 

If you still aren't receiving your tests after checking into these causes, you may want to give our Deliverability team a call so that they can look into it further for you. Their number and hours are listed here

I hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.