cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Colors and Fonts Display Differently in Test Emails

Highlighted

Text Colors and Fonts Display Differently in Test Emails

I am testing out a new premade template that is supposed to be mobile-friendly. I am trying to create section headers in the three columns. To do so, I highligted text in the text boxes and changed the font from Arial to Georgia, increased the size and changed the color. While in Edit Mode, my email looks good and I save it. I check out the Preview Mode, and it looks good there too. When I send myself a Test Email however, none of those font changes are applied. I have included screenshots below. I am using the latest FireFox browser and a Gmail email. I have the same problem when I view the Test Email in my Gmail app on my Android phone. Other Constant Contact emails, using different templates, have had similar font issues like this in the past.

Screenshot-2018-2-16 Customize Your Email.pngHow the fonts appear in edit mode.Screenshot-2018-2-16 Now Accepting Applications - melissa endsexualviolencect org - Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Viol[...].pngHow fonts appear in the test email.

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Text Colors and Fonts Display Differently in Test Emails

Hi @CT-Alliance

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry for the issue you are encountering with your email showing with different formatting than you used in the editor. I did make a couple of adjustments and sent myself a test and I am not seeing the correct formatting. Can you take a look and see if you are also seeing it now correct? Also, if it's not yet correct please send us an email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post and any other information you can provide and we are happy to dig in and see what else may be occurring. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any other questions you may have. 

Thank you for contacting Constant Contact. Have a great day! 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Your solution worked initially when I sent myself a new test email. However, I had to edit a word in one of the columns (literally change the word "year" to "years") and now I am having the same issue again. I also changed the button text and link. Other than that, I kept everything else the same and did not touch the text formatting. Also, the middle column looks like a different darker color now.

Screenshot-2018-2-20 Now Accepting Applications - melissa endsexualviolencect org - Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Viol[...].png

Is there a permanent solution? How did you fix this earlier?

Hi @CT-Alliance

I'm so sorry to hear this has happened again with your email! I also did want to make sure you knew we received your email to our Social Support and will further help with this through that email.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.