cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text blocks html gets messy and hard to fix after editing

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Text blocks html gets messy and hard to fix after editing

Hello I've been away from Constant Contact for 2 years and happy to be back. Creating and editing text is as hard as ever before though. The html gets complicated and certain edits become impossible to reverse. For example, it became impossible to clear the bold formatting on a paragraph, possibly because it was represented as in some places, and some other span type I didn't recognize in others. After manually cleaning up the html, various strange things still happened.
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Text blocks html gets messy and hard to fix after editing

Hello @BobA54,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that you are experiencing this. Are you copying and pasting your text into your template? If so, that is causing some extra code to come into your template with your text that will cause display issues. In order to reverse this, you would have to completely delete your blocks that you have added and put in new ones, then manually type in your content to avoid any more display and editing issues. I also suggest moving from our Second Generation editing system over to our Third Generation. Using our updated templates will really help you avoid the display and editing issues that you are experiencing. Please click here to see a video on how to use our updated templates. All you have to do is create a brand new email and you will be there!  

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!