Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text emails using the Advanced editor

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Text emails using the Advanced editor

Hi,

I've been trying to put together a text only email as I have read that the open and interaction rates are much better for text emails.

My problem is that any text that I add in the text tab, doesn't appear in the email test & preview.   It shows only the html header and footer.

Maybe I have misunderstood how that works

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: Text emails using the Advanced editor

Hello @RizN5 ,

That's a great question! Taking a look at your account, I see that you were able to send out a custom code email with just text. However, if you're still having trouble with this, we actually have a dedicated team that can assist you further. Please feel free to reach out to them directly

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Re: Text emails using the Advanced editor

The text tab of the Advanced Editor only shows for clients that don't allow html emails. What you also would need to do is paste your text in the HTML section between the <!-- START --> and <!-- END --> tags. You will likely need to do some HTML formatting to make it look nice.