cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third generation Basic email template font size in mobile

SOLVED
All Star

Third generation Basic email template font size in mobile

Question: Can the Basic email template be adjusted to display larger font on mobile devices?  When I increase the font size, the mobile version still has very small font.

Background: I have been using the legacy templates for several years.  The font size is appropriate for mobile and desktop.  A few days ago I tried the Basic template with the third generation template.  The email looks fine on desktop, but the font is too small on mobile.  Here is the email:

https://conta.cc/2JJkPuT

When I look at the email in the CC app on my phone to check reports, that version of the email has the size font I want.  

I think I am missing something really simple. LOL, this can't be a difficult problem.

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Third generation Basic email template font size in mobile

Hi @JohnB866

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you this weekend. 

I'm sorry for the issue you are encountering when accessing your email on a mobile device. Because the mobile devices are 100% mobile responsive, they are designed so that the fonts and images adjust to the size of the screen they are being looked at on automatically. This does cause some variance from the editor to the delivered email. While I did test the email to my own Android device the font size doesn't seem drastically different from the editor. If this doesn't seem to be the case with your particular email, can you please send a screenshot of your email where you are seeing the font size significantly smaller to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the screenshot, your username, and a reference to this post and we will happily take a deeper look at it.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted
All Star

Every time I ask for help I feel dumber when I get the answer. I think my cell phone mail app reverted to its default font size between my last use of the legacy template and my first use of the new Basic template.  After I read your answer, I looked at my email on my other phone (see why I feel dumb) and the font size was perfect.  I set the mail font size on my regular phone and, you guessed it, the new Basic template looks good. 

Thank you for not beginning your answer with, "Hey dummy check the font size on your phone...."    

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @JohnB866

No need to feel silly! Mobile displays are probably the trickiest thing to figure out when it comes to display issues. I'm so glad you were able to access it and see it correctly. Always feel free to reach out for help. It's our pleasure to assist!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!