cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnail Images aren't updating

Thumbnail Images aren't updating

Under My Campaigns, the thumbnails aren't updating properly.

If you click to preview the image or "show image", and then you update the code for the email and refresh, the thumbnail image stays the same.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Thumbnail Images aren't updating

Hello @PaulM47,

I took a look at a campaign in your account and I can at least verify that what I initially saw in the thumbnail was different from what appeared in the Preview window. However, once I closed the Preview window the thumbnail updated to the most updated version of the campaign. I refreshed the page, exited and came back, and the updated thumbnail held.

I'm curious if you will see the updated thumbnail now. It's possible there was a connectivity issue that was delaying the update of the thumbnail. If you don't see the update, try logging in in another browser or going into Incognito/Safe Mode. It might be a build-up of cache (site data) that is holding the old thumbnail in place.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I am having the same issue. After updating the campaign content, the preview image that displays on the Campaign page is not updating.

Hello @SaarF. I'm sorry that you are having difficulty viewing the thumbnails for your campaigns. I logged into your account and saw thumbnails for all of your campaigns. Have you been able to view them since posting in the Community? It's possible that this might be related to a browser issue. I suggest trying a different browser to see if the thumbnails show for you. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

We have the same issue with Constant Contact previews.  It appears that the preview likes to cache the image and sends that cached image out to the browser rather than fetching the current version of the file.  Clearing the browser cache, or using a different browser does not solve the issue.  Tried safari, chrome and firefox to look at the preview and all showed the old image found at the URL in the template.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

@MarketingM98316

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm sorry to hear your thumbnail image is not updating.

Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the email campaign that is not updating, and a reference to this post and we will investigate further!

Taryn Leinweber

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

I am still having this problem as of today (1/6/2019).

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @TheAdClub,

I apologize that you are still not able to view your thumbnail image for your campaigns. I was able to log into your account and on my end I saw thumbnails for all of your email campaigns. It's possible that this might be related to a browser issue. I suggest trying a different browser to see if the thumbnails show for you. 

Zoe H.