cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbar in the block

Visitor

Toolbar in the block

There is a toolbar in the top of each block as I am attempting to type in the block, which occludes the first 3 to 4 lines of the block. There does not appear to be any way to get rid of the tool bar blocking the edit.
Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
CTCT Employee

Re: Toolbar in the block

Hi @BrettT3,

Thanks for reaching out as we definitely want you to be able to edit your email campaign! The editing toolbar appears after you click the icon to edit that particular block:

2017-02-17_13-10-43.png

It includes tools for changing the font styles, alignment, links, etc. and should sit just above the block you're editing:

2017-02-17_13-06-21.png

If it's not in the positioned correctly, please make sure you are using a compatible web browser while working in Constant Contact. These include:

• Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Safari 10

You'll also want to check the zoom percentage for the web browser you are using. Setting it to 100% will allow for proper placement of the block's toolbar.

Feel free to email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com (include the username for your account, a reference to this post and the name of the web browser you're using) if you are still experiencing issues with the toolbar not displaying where it should.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi team, I'm seeing a different toolbar, which doesn't have the tool palette I need:

Capture.PNG

I don't see the little "pencil" icon to edit.

Suggestions welcome. Thanks!

a.

Hello @ElizabethH643,

Welcome to the Community! It looks like you are using the new, 3GE editor to create your email campaign. The pencil marker you referred to is present on the 2GE editor. 

What was the feature you were looking for that you are not seeing? It might be a request we are tracking feedback on and I want to make sure I can direct your feedback to the appropriate department. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

I find this toolbar annoying as well. I generally want to see what is just above the block I'm typing in while I'm typing. There needs to be a way to turn this off after one has selected the appropriate font, etc.

Tags (2)

Hello @SonyaS38,

Thank you for the feedback! I can appreciate how a function like that would make it easier for you to do what you mentioned. While we don't have that option available right now I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our developers for review. 

Nick S.

Regular Visitor

I've voted this up, but there is no "accept as solution" option on this post for me, just fyi.

Hello @SonyaS38,

Thank you for the vote! The "Accept as Solution" option only appears on the original post of the thread and only to the thread creator. But I appreciate you giving us the vote regardless. 

Nick S.

All Star

This floating toolbar is making me crazy - it blocks exactly what I want to edit and I can't see what I am doing! It does not appear after I indicate I want to edit something - it appears as soon as I click in a text box. It is disproportionately large and could be placed above the text box, not covering it. None of these answers indicate how to get rid of it. It would be easy to use keyboard commands for bold and italic, flush left and right, things like that. 

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @BegabatiL

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry for your frustration, at this time there isn't a way to exit the toolbar while you are editing a block. I'm happy to submit the feedback you have requested. 

In the meantime, if you need anything else feel free to reach out. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!