cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter sharing is not working

Occasional Participant

Twitter sharing is not working

All of my scheduled twitter shares are erroring out and not posting. I have even removed then added my twitter account back in. It just started happening this month - I have been using it previously with no errors, to share scheduled posts to all of our social networks. Anyone else having this issue? I have chatted with support twice and there has yet to be a resolution.

9 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Twitter sharing is not working

Hello @MacKenzieB4,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. I see that this issue has been tracked on your account and hopefully we will have a resolution for social share not posting soon. The workaround for this is to make the post manually. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Please reach back out to us with anymore questions or concerns. 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

It worked briefly but now it's not working once again.

CTCT Employee

Hello @MacKenzieB4,

I'm looking through your previous interactions, and it seems that you're running into a relatively rare issue, which we're still trying to track down a permanent solution for.  Many-times this error should automatically reschedule those twitter posts to try again later, though in the error messaging you can also click the blue 'want to send it now?' link.  On the post itself in the social share screen, you can also see the re-scheduled time by clicking the small blue ' i ' icon, as shown in the image below.  We'll continue trying to correct this issue for you.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Yes, I attempt to "send it now" and it still hangs. It worked OK on my last campaign, but the two before that it wasn't working. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @MacKenzieB4

Thank you for following up in the Community regarding the twitter sharing not working. I know it's important for you to be able to share your email campaigns on Twitter. I see that we have forwarded this issue to the appropriate team for review when you first posted on this thread. However, I wanted to give you some additional steps you can try to resolve the issue.

Based on the intermittent nature of the issue, it could be an issue with your web browser or your internet connectivity. 

1. If you are on a work network, you may need to Whitelist Constant Contact with your security program so that all functions will work fully on the website.
  2. Check our list of Browsers that Work with Constant Contact to ensure you are using a browser that is compatible with our website

Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding this. 

Thanks!

Alex S.

Occasional Participant

It doesn't seem to be the internet. All my other social networks are posting just fine. Also, this just began happening on Twitter only about October. Nothing has changed, we are a local business, small closed network. 

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hey @MacKenzieB4,

This might be something we need to look a little further into! Would you mind emailing us your username and the name of the campaign that you are trying to post to twitter? Social_Support(at)Constantcontact(Dot)com or you can always give us a call when you have a chance! 866-289-2101. 

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Campaign: November Blast 11.23.18

CTCT Employee

Hello @MacKenzieB4

Thanks for following up on this issue! I apologize that this has not been resolved as I know it's important for you to be able to post your campaigns to twitter to reach your customers. I did reach out to our technical support and they have advised me that this is a known intermittent issue with twitter and social share. 

You response has been tracked and you will be provided an update when there is one. As a workaround in the meantime when you receive errors, you can copy the email link once it's been sent and manually post it on Twitter. 

Hope this helps!

Alex S.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!